As fans prepare for the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, CBS Consumer Products is developing a universe of new Star Trek gear.
Product will begin arriving at retail across the U.S. later this month, with the Paramount Pictures film premiering May 17.
“The Star Trek franchise has continued to grow thanks to innovative licensees and unique products,” says Liz Kalodner, executive vice president and general manager, CBS Consumer Products. “We want to engage hardcore fans and introduce new fans to the expansive Star Trek universe and these new deals will continue to make it so.”
The new licensing deals range from apparel to collectibles, including:
- 3-D Systems will allow fans to create personalized Star Trek figurines through the use of its 3DMe technology;
- BioWorld will offer a range of t-shirts and accessories;
- Buckle Down will create Star Trek-themed seatbelt buckles;
- Card.com is slated to release Star Trek debit cards;
- CDM is creating branded 3D glasses for the film;
- Checks In The Mail will release a line of Star Trek checks;
- Crowded Coop will design branded pet accessories arriving in late-2013;
- Flashman Studios will create digital avatars;
- Funko will release Pop! vinyl figurines and Pop! plushies this fall;
- iCup will release a range of housewares in June;
- Palm Beach Beaute will create four fragrances inspired by the brand;
- Power Up/BDA will offer branded cell phone cases; and
- Ruckus GH will create a Gorn collectible statue that will be released this month.