DreamWorks Classics is expanding the international licensing program for the Where’s Wally? program through collaborations with partners Virgin Atlantic, Vilebrequin, Havaianas, Lomography and NYC & Company.
The new program extensions and enhanced marketing campaign are in support of Where’s Wally?’s year-long 25th anniversary celebration.
The new partnerships and campaigns include:
- Wally is taking to the skies with Virgin Atlantic with a placement on the side of a Boeing 747 aircraft, Barbarella, as it flies between the U.K., the U.S. and the Caribbean. The plane can by tracked on the “Where’s Wally?” app on Virgin Atlantic’s Facebook page.
- Havaianas and DWA Classics are pairing for three brand new sandal styles featuring images from the Where’s Wally? scenes “On the Beach” and “Bright Lights and Night Frights,” along with the classic red-and-white stripes pattern.
- Vilebrequin, a French swimwear brand, is collaborating with the property for limited edition styles for all ages.
- Wally (or Waldo as he’s known in the U.S.) has been appointed as New York City’s official 2013 Family Ambassador by NYC & Company. The yearlong collaboration will find Wally helping visitors discover, experience and enjoy NYC neighborhoods, cultural institutions, parks and attractions with digital and print ads across the city.
- Lomography is making a special edition Where’s Wally? camera, printed with the property’s iconic beach scene.