Paramount Licensing has announced a full slate of licensing partners for its upcoming film World War Z, which opens in theaters nationwide Friday.
The studio is rolling out a robust in-theater merchandise program highlighted by mobile pop-up stores in select theaters with a limited line of products to celebrate fan-generated art, and aligned with a select group of toy, game, apparel and accessory, collectible, costume, publishing and online licensees.
Hot Topic will be the film’s exclusive retail promotional partner, rolling out World War Z merchandise program across all 660 of its stores.
"We have created a strategic program that encompasses retail promotion, in-theater merchandise, recognition of fan-generated art and a strong roster of licensees in key categories that allow us to support the film by hitting every target audience," says LeeAnne Stables, president of consumer products and head of marketing partnerships, Paramount Pictures. "These programs were built to satisfy the hefty appetite of a very enthusiastic fan base."
In addition, Paramount has partnered with leading apparel and accessories company Bioworld to launch an in-theater merchandise program in Regal Cinemas, Cinemark, Muvico Theaters, Starplex Cinemas, and ShowBiz Cinemas theaters in top markets. The program will be highlighted by mobile pop-up kiosks featuring apparel and accessories in select Regal Cinemas and Muvico theaters.
The licensing program for the film includes:
- Jazwares: articulated zombie and hero action figures as well as plush
- University Games: a World War Z-themed survival board game and card game
- Bioworld Merchandise: apparel and accessories
- Ghoulish Productions: costumes and dress-up accessories
- Pyramid America: posters, prints, magnets and buttons
- Trends: posters, calendars and bookmarks
- Silver Buffalo: drinkware, blankets and wall art
- Quantum Mechanix: collectibles, including statues, limited edition lithographs and key chains
- Crown Publishing Group: movie tie-in edition of Max Brooks’ novel in paperback, audio book and e-book formats
- Titan Books: Art of World War Z book
- Duckworth Publishing: movie tie-in edition of Max Brooks’ novel in paperback
- Café Press: branded World War Z store featuring apparel, gift, and novelty