Rovio Entertainment has unveiled details for the next iteration of its Angry Birds franchise, Angry Birds Go!.
The new global app, which was previewed at Brand Licensing Europe this week in London, will be released globally Dec. 11.
“Angry Birds Go!” will let fans race the famous birds in downhill karts and will feature Hasbro’s new Telepods toys, which interact with the mobile game, allowing players to “teleport” new karts into the game.
Rovio has already lined up a number of licensees for the new game including Fashion U.K. and Leomil for apparel, accessories and footwear in Europe; and Blueprint for stationery in the U.K.
“We are thrilled to see so much creativity around our Angry Birds property and can’t wait to welcome these companies on board as we continue to delight our fans with innovative product lines,” says Naz Cuevas, senior vice president, global consumer products licensing, Rovio.
The company has also signed a raft of new licensees for the classic Angry Birds franchise, including:
- Tigerprint for greeting cards and gift wrap that will be available at Marks and Spencer;
- BIP for novelty confectionary items in Europe;
- Brandon, a subsidiary of PUMA, for bags and luggage;
- Mondelez for confectionary products in Argentina;
- Penguin Books for sticker, activity and poster books as well as the new Angry Birds Official Guide;
- Hatber for stationery in Russia; and
- Alisa for sporting goods in Russia.