is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
· An expanded partnership with Products of Change (POC) brings sustainability initiatives to the forefront following the program's successful European market launch in 2021.
· Licensing Expo is slated for May 24-26 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
· Register for free here.
Las Vegas, NV (March 17, 2022) – The Global Licensing Group, organizers of Licensing Expo, today announced a continuation of its strategic partnership with Products of Change (POC), a global educational hub aimed at driving sustainable change across consumer product markets and beyond.
Returning as an instrumental partner following last year's successful implementation at Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit (B&LIS) Europe and Brand Licensing Europe, the expanded initiative represents an ongoing commitment to facilitate industry-wide change and help as many as possible across the industry to take the first steps into their sustainability journeys.
To spotlight sustainability, Licensing Expo and Products of Change will be delivering two free to attend sessions in the live theatre:
· Sustainability 101: A deep dive into the science behind why sustainable transformation is vital for business future prosperity. Helena Mansell-Stopher, CEO at Products of Change, and Andrea Green, Principle at Globally Green and POC’s US Ambassador will take you through not only why we need to transition business but also pride key guiding principles to build your own sustainable framework and start your journey.
· Sustainability in Licensing: We talk to manufacturers and brand owners to share their sustainability journey so far, their future plans and areas of collaboration to move the industry forward.
Additionally, all attendees and exhibitors can visit the dedicated Sustainability Business Lounge to arrange 121 Clinics with Products of Change experts and consultants and receive free counsel on where to focus their long-term sustainability efforts. Meetings will be first-come-first-serve and can be booked in the dedicated Meetings Platform that will be available to all registered attendees from the start of April.
Alongside the education made available to all attendees and exhibitors at the event, Licensing Expo and Products of Change are dedicating significant resources to bring sustainability and DEI to the forefront to drive long-lasting change, encompassing:
· Becoming Carbon Neutral by 2024. Top-line commitments include managing waste streams, from significantly reducing carpet from the expo floor this year to identifying digital alternatives to signage and printed materials.
· Hosting activations that showcase real-world examples at Licensing Expo of how licensed products can be produced ethically and using sustainable methods while remaining visually stimulating, on-brand, and commercially viable.
· Providing a platform to amplify diverse voices, working in tandem with Black Lives Matter Licensing, Products of Change, Women in Toys, and other relevant organizations to deliver educational seminars on the importance of creating diverse product ranges and protagonists within film and TV.
· Holding the License This! competition at BLE and Licensing Expo to elevate voices and brands that lack the investment or experience needed to broker licensing deals.
· Running a Retail Mentoring Program for junior retail buyers. A year-long program that consists of seminars, coaching and mentoring, brand owner site visits, and expo passes to encourage the younger generation to pursue future career opportunities in the retail space.
"Sustainability and DEI are top of mind for us as leaders in the trade show sector; its critical to model behavior that drives real progress and deeply roots sustainable practices in the industries we serve," said Anna Knight, SVP of the Global Licensing Group, Informa Markets. "The reality is that our industry continues to produce unnecessary waste; we need to address this issue as a collective."
Knight continued: "We are so proud to renew and strengthen our partnership with Products of Change to, first, spread awareness of the long-lasting impact each individual can have on our planet's health, followed by instilling sustainability into the core of each business' operations. Our ambition is for the licensing industry to lead by example, encouraging others to follow suit, and we look forward to laying the foundation at Licensing Expo."
Helena Mansell-Stopher, CEO, Products of Change adds “With the lack of in-person events over the last two-year Expo is going to be a celebration of the industry coming back together globally, pivotal to this is how we future proof the industry as consumers mindset shifts and technology advances. It’s because of this POC is proud to be partnering with Informa to highlight the importance of transitioning the industry to a sustainable future. Attendees can join the POC team for 121 in-person clinics in the Sustainability Business Lounge to see how the industry is advancing forward and take advantage of a variety of panels and debates on the Licensing University theatre throughout the 3 days. Sustainability is a global challenge, and I can’t wait to see how we can advance the industry forward, together.”
Helena continues “It’s been great to work with the team at Informa on ways they can make their events – Licensing Expo and Brand Licensing Europe – more sustainable. From the ‘Better Stands’ initiatives to reduction in printed materials, through to the significant reduction of carpet at Licensing Expo this year is a huge step in the right direction for the events’ industry and one that we highly commend Informa for taking”.
In 2021, B&LIS Europe and Brand Licensing Europe (BLE) welcomed POC as a strategic partner to the Global Licensing Group to promote actions the broader licensing community has already taken. The joint efforts included:
· Producing a 2,000 square foot Sustainability Activation Feature – the activation was the single most visited stand at the event.
· Elevated notoriously unsustainable categories within the licensing industry, using real-world illustrations and products to showcase progress in these groups. An example included showing how an apparel company could switch from producing fabric samples to using 3D modeling.
· POC experts ran a 121 Sustainability Clinic to provide strategic guidance on how attendees and exhibitors alike can take a more sustainable-focused approach to business.
"We're conscious of the various societal concerns that the licensing and trade show industries, often unconsciously, contribute to and recognize the value of working with our peers to solve big challenges," remarked Knight. "We invite you to join us at Licensing Expo this May and engage with the education available, learn about sustainable and inclusive practices, and reflect on what you can do to drive progress. In time, our collective efforts will catalyze real progress."
To learn more about the sustainability and DEI initiatives at Licensing Expo and secure a free visitor pass for the upcoming event held May 24-26, visit www.licensingexpo.com.
Media passes are available to verified press; the credential request form is accessible here.
Follow Licensing Expo on social: #LicensingExpo
Launched in 1980, Licensing Expo is the world's largest and most influential annual tradeshow dedicated to licensing and brand extension. Every year, more than 5,000 brands and 16,000 retailers, licensees, manufacturers, distributors, and licensing agents attend Licensing Expo from more than 70 countries. Licensing Expo is a part of the Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets, the licensing industry's leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide licensing opportunities around the world by bringing brands and products together.
About Licensing International
Licensing International is the leading trade organization for the $290+ billion global brand licensing industry. Licensing International's mission is to foster the growth and expansion of brand licensing around the world, raise the level of professionalism for licensing practitioners, and create greater awareness of the benefits of licensing to the business community at large. Founded in 1985, Licensing International members in over 40 countries enjoy access to an array of benefits, including extensive educational programming and worldwide networking events. Visit www.LicensingInternational.org for more information.
US Media Contact
Lauren Lloyd, 310-266-4792, [email protected]
Europe Media Contact
Charlie Le Rougetel at BIGTOP, +44 (0)7736 330676, [email protected]