Licensing Expo 2018 Unveils Licensing Week Programming
– February 27, 2018 –
Attendees Will Have Access to InventHelp's VIBE Activation, Licensing University, Entertainment Showcases, International Market Panel and More
Santa Monica, California – Licensing Expo, the world's largest and most influential brand licensing industry event, today announced its Licensing Week lineup, which will include a variety of educational and experiential components designed to complement the offerings on the expo floor and empower attendees to walk away with new connections and knowledge.
Licensing Week runs concurrently with Licensing Expo, which takes place May 22 - 24, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information and to register as media, please visit: licensingexpo.com/press/register.
New to the Licensing Week programming slate this year is InventHelp's Virtual Invention Browsing Experience (VIBE), which will connect enterprising brand owners and manufacturers directly with forward-thinking inventors looking to bring the newest products to market. VIBE is a state-of-the-art virtual viewing station that allows companies to privately view ideas from InventHelp clients. Only registered attendees and exhibitors at Licensing Expo can utilize the VIBE activation.
"Licensing Week was born out of a desire to give our attendees a well-rounded, 360 degree experience at Licensing Expo, and this year's lineup certainly reflects this mission," said Jessica Blue, senior vice president, Global Licensing Group, UBM. "From the VIBE activation to the networking sessions and Licensing University educational talks and content, I'm confident that anyone seeking to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the licensing world will walk away with practical tools they can immediately put to use."
"InventHelp is thrilled to be a part of this year's Licensing Expo and to bring extra added value to its numerous attendees and exhibitors," said Ronny Smith, managing director, Intromark Incorporated. "We have more than 1,400 new invention ideas that will be displayed in InventHelp's VIBE. We know from experience that many companies are looking to add to their product lines and will enjoy our interactive virtual viewing stations."
Some additional highlights at this year's Licensing Week include:
- Licensing University: Acquire new strategies, shape innovative ideas and build practical solutions by attending Licensing University™. Organized by the Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association (LIMA), Licensing University includes a full day of "basics" programming for industry newcomers, a full slate of "up close and personal" roundtable sessions and countless sessions on the latest trends in the licensing industry. There will also be more advanced sessions covering international licensing, how AR/VR technologies will affect licensing and piracy issues.
- Orientation Session: Join the Global Licensing Group at UBM for an overview of Licensing Expo and tips on how to navigate the show floor. Guest speakers will join the presentation to give insight on their own show experience and what brings them back to Licensing Expo. An open Q&A session will follow the presentation.
- Entertainment Showcases: The world's top brands and leading entertainment studios will host sneak previews of upcoming projects, providing a first look at what's coming in the next 12 to 18 months. Entertainment showcases are by invitation only.
- Agents' Business Forum: Brand owners are invited to join exhibiting licensing agents for an afternoon of networking and refreshments at Licensing Expo. Get to know exhibiting licensing agents, learn what types of brands and properties they're interested in and network with the industry's best.
- International Market Panel: U.S. brand owners and agents are invited to join international licensees, retailers, and manufacturers for an afternoon of networking and learning at Licensing Expo. Hosted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the International Buyers Program Select will provide exclusive insight on licensing opportunities and trends in China, Brazil, Canada, and India. Delgates and attendees will be given the opportunity to participate in a networking session following the presentation.
Attendees will be able to find the majority of Licensing Week events in the Global Licensing Group Theater (A107). For more information on Licensing Week programming, please visit: www.licensingexpo.com/licensing-week.
APPLY FOR A MEDIA PASS:
Please email [email protected] with your request and credentials.
Brooke Matthews, [email protected], +1 (310) 773-1655
Richard Trunzo, [email protected], +1 (424) 316-7169
Ashley Womack, [email protected], +1 (415) 307-4858
Connect with #licensingexpo
About Licensing Expo (www.licensingexpo.com)
Launched in 1980, Licensing Expo is the world’s largest and most influential annual trade show dedicated to licensing and brand extension. The show floor is merchandised into two zones: Characters and Entertainment and Brands, Agents and Design. More than 16,000 retailers, licensees, manufacturers, distributors and licensing agents attend the Expo from more than 67 countries. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-news and License TV. Licensing Expo is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
About the Global Licensing Group (www.ubmlicensinggroup.com)
The Global Licensing Group at UBM is the global licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide opportunities around the world to bring brands and products together to explore and cement licensing partnerships. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily eNews and LicenseTV.
FUTURE GLOBAL LICENSING GROUP EVENTS:
NYC Licensing Summit: New York, New York (February 20, 2018) | Licensing Expo Japan: Tokyo, Japan (April 25 - 27, 2018)
Licensing Expo: Las Vegas, Nevada (May 22 - 24, 2018) | Licensing Expo China: Shanghai, China (July 25 - 27, 2018)
Brand Licensing Europe: London, United Kingdom (October 9 - 11, 2018)