Celebrities George Foreman, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, Drew and Jonathan Scott and More to Greet Fans at Licensing Expo 2018
– May 16, 2018 –
The Cookie Monster, A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds and Grumpy Cat Scheduled to Appear
Santa Monica, California – Licensing Expo, the world’s largest and most influential brand licensing industry event, today announced that several exhibitors will host celebrity appearances, meet and greets and photo opportunities at their booths on the Expo floor. The exhibitors hosting these events include Authentic Brands Group (ABG), A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds, Brand Central LLC, Grumpy Cat, InventHelp, Little Red Truck Licensing Group and Sesame Workshop, among others.
Licensing Expo takes place May 22–24, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information and to register as media, please visit: licensingexpo.com/press/register.
"We’re excited that our exhibitors are capitalizing on the platform Licensing Expo provides as the world’s largest licensing trade show," said Jessica Blue, senior vice president, Global Licensing Group. "Hosting these exclusive events adds another dimension to the vibrant show floor and immensely benefits our exhibitors by bringing more attendees and prospective business partners to their booths."
Exhibitor events taking place at Licensing Expo 2018 include:
- Authentic Brands Group (ABG) (booth S212) – On Tuesday, May 22, from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Julius “Dr. J” Erving will meet and greet Expo attendees after taping his House Call with Dr. J podcast.
- A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds (booth S255) – On Tuesday, May 22, from 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, multi award-winning artist and creator of "A Tiny Teddy named Cuds,” Robert Aragon, will be signing free copies of A Tiny Teddy named Cuds coloring and activity book. During the signing, attendees will have the opportunity to visit Cuds and Robert and say hello.
- Costume Character Parade – The parade, featuring dozens of familiar and favorite faces from beloved brands at Licensing Expo will take place from 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM in the Character & Entertainment zone on May 22 and May 23. On Tuesday, May 22, the characters will be available for photo opportunities from 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM in front of café U256.
- Disney and Lenovo (booth Q248) – From May 22 – 24, during Expo floor hours, Licensing Expo attendees can battle each other in Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges, a first-of-its-kind smartphone-powered Star Wars augmented reality (AR) experience. Star Wars: Jedi Challenges brings iconic Star Wars experiences to life with the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, a Lightsaber Controller modelled after Rey’s lightsaber as seen in Star Wars: The Last Jedi™, Tracking Beacon, and compatible smartphone. Offering more than 30 hours of multi-level immersive content, Star Wars: Jedi Challenges features three gameplay modes that allow fans to train like a Jedi, including Lightsaber Battles against legendary dark side villains like Kylo Ren and Darth Vader.
- Firefly Brand Management (booth B93) - Luchador and WWE Superstar, Rey Mysterio, will be making a special celebrity guest appearance at this year’s Licensing Expo 2018. Mysterio will be available to sign autographs, pose for photos and meet with fans and potential licensing partners from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Wednesday, May 23rd.
- Grumpy Cat (booth L236) – The pop culture icon of the internet age, Grumpy Cat, will be available for photo opportunities from 11:00 AM– 12:00 pm on May 22nd, 23rd and 24th at the Grumpy Cat booth.
- InventHelp (booth J80) – On May 22, from 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM, InventHelp partner and two-time world heavyweight boxing champion, George Foreman, will be meeting and greeting attendees at the InventHelp booth.
- Licensing Expo Opening Night Party - Taking place on Tuesday, May 22, from 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, the week’s largest networking event will celebrate 20 years of License Global and feature entertainment from party sponsors The Brand Liaison, Dependable Solutions, Jelly Belly and Rovio.
- Little Red Truck Licensing Group (booth H86) - Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York will be in booth H86 to meet with interested prospective licensees on May 22nd. The Duchess, a global ambassador and entrepreneur, will be available for an open meet and greet from 1:00 - 3:00 PM with individual meetings available during the day.
- Little Red Truck Licensing Group (booth H86) - Modern Hero host and creator, Julia Farbman, will be available for a meet and greet Wednesday, May 23rd from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Nickelodeon (booth O180) – The title characters from Nickelodeon’s hit animated preschool series Sunny Day and Nella the Princess Knight will visit the Nickelodeon booth and be available for photo opportunities on May 22nd and 23rd during Expo floor hours.
- Sesame Workshop (booth Q192) - Sesame Street premiered a dedicated new segment “Cookie Monster’s Foodie Truck,” where everybody’s favorite frenzied character hits the road in a food truck to learn where food comes from. Meet Cookie Monster and puppeteer David Rudman, at lobby area D4, on May 22nd and 23rd from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Scott Living (booth J110) – Drew and Jonathan Scott, entrepreneurs, twin television personalities, best-selling authors and founders of Scott Brothers Global, will be available for a meet and greet on Tuesday, May 22, at 4 PM.
- Suzy’s Zoo (booth A92) – On Tuesday, May 22 from 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Suzy’s Zoo creator Suzy Spafford, will be signing unique pieces of art for attendees to commemorate the brand’s 50th anniversary.
- Warner Music Artist Services (booth B204) – On Tuesday, May 22 at 4:30 PM, America’s boyband IN REAL LIFE will be performing live and holding a photo meet and greet. IN REAL LIFE is the only boyband ever put together by American viewers’ voting live at the Warner Music Artist Services Booth.
APPLY FOR A MEDIA PASS:
Please email [email protected] with your request and credentials.
Ashley Womack, [email protected], +1 (415) 307-4858
Richard Trunzo, [email protected], +1 (424) 316-7169
Connect with #licensingexpo
About Licensing Expo (www.licensingexpo.com)
Launched in 1980, Licensing Expo is the world’s largest and most influential annual trade show dedicated to licensing and brand extension. The show floor is merchandised into two zones: Characters and Entertainment and Brands, Agents and Design. More than 16,000 retailers, licensees, manufacturers, distributors and licensing agents attend the Expo from more than 67 countries. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-news and License TV. Licensing Expo is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
About the Global Licensing Group (www.ubmlicensinggroup.com)
The Global Licensing Group at UBM is the global licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide opportunities around the world to bring brands and products together to explore and cement licensing partnerships. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily eNews and LicenseTV.
FUTURE GLOBAL LICENSING GROUP EVENTS:
NYC Licensing Summit: New York, New York | Licensing Expo Japan: Tokyo, Japan (March 13 - 15, 2019)
Licensing Expo: Las Vegas, Nevada (May 22 - 24, 2018) | Licensing Expo China: Shanghai, China (July 25 - 27, 2018)
Brand Licensing Europe: London, United Kingdom (October 9 - 11, 2018)